Tuesday, May 6, 2008

New Habits


I'm beat and I need to go home. Quick update: a trip to Chicago this weekend was interesting for the conference I attended but a bust for experiencing the city, due to delayed flights on both ends. Today was a huge success, as a I turned my classroom into a gallery space to exhibit senior projects on identity, mostly films.

The letter writer of the last post wrote a response, but I can't post it now because email is down. Next time.

Progress continues on a new recording of a ten-year-old song.

An article in today's Times touches on many of my interests, with implications for my creative and professional lives. It's called Can You Become a Creature Of New Habits?

Quick ones, now. No thinking:
The most creative thing I've done since the last entry:
Lots of work on the new song. And the exhibition at school today.

The least creative thing I've done since the last entry:

Getting too worked up about little things at home.

Stuff that helped:

Fiddling with recording, and doing pretty well.

Stuff that hindered:
Six hours in airports for a five hour conference.

Current project:

"Ring. Nobody's Home."

Next project:

When will I start the new play? Dunno

Guitar?:

Okay. Okay. I get it. Soon.

What I should be reading these days:

The Brothers Karamazov


What I'm actually reading these days:

The Brother's Karamazov.
Yup. But only to page 22. Magazines, mostly.

Today I recommend:

I loved Iron Man, which is a surprise to no one who knows me.

No comments: