Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Back To School

Speaking of BIG projects my dear friend Lennie - dead as you are.  This weekend I took a rather big plunge myself.  Not into a project really, but rather, a (rather) large commitment to learning guitar and moving forward.  After thinking about it for quite a few months, I just signed up for the first of what will be 8 online classes with the Berkley School of Music to pursue their Guitar Masters Certificate Program.  I'm going to try out the first class and first semester and see if I like it (and if it's going to give me the type of learnings that I would like) and then take it from there.  I'm pretty excited about it actually.  The first class is one I desperately need and have been unhappy with my ability to teach myself.  This program will allow me to work on it wherever I am and within my ever changing schedule.  Cool.

Also, just booked a very important gig in August - the 16th to be exact - so Dead Lennie - get ready!  We're going to have good fun.  I'm going to send you some song ideas so we can think about doing some stuff together.  Start your practicing oh stone faced one!

1 comment:

Mr. F said...

Look at you, getting better by formal learning. You kick my butt.

Looking forward to the gig, and to the visit, and just to hearing you play.

I would like to look into getting a more piano-ish keyboard to play. Smaller keyboards actually have smaller keys, which are hard, and I tend to use most of the 88 that are available. Let me know if that's possible.

See you soon.